Theological Reflections is a unique spiritual mentoring program that seeks to provide students with a caring adult in the community. Every student can benefit from a mentor.
The Theological Reflections program consists of mentors and students that meet one-on-one or in small groups each month for a total of nine sessions.
Students and mentors explore a different theme and topic each month. Themes include social justice, scripture reflection, Catholic traditions, reflection on liturgical seasons and the mass.
Theological Reflections Program Coordinator: Ms. Annie Tompkins
Goals of Program
- Help students grow in their faith
- Foster relationships between students and positive, caring adults
- Develop a sense of community in larger mentoring group
- Challenge students to reflect more deeply on their spirituality and relationship with God
- Teach students to pursue a commitment to service and peace in society
- To gain more depth and understanding of the Scriptures and its themes
2013-2014 Theological Reflections Schedule
(All on Fridays from 11:10-12:30)
Friday, September 6th
Friday, October 11th
Friday, November 15th
Friday, December 13th
Friday, January 10th
Friday, February 14th
Friday, March 14th
Friday, April 11th
Friday, May 9th
As a volunteer, one will serve as a spiritual mentor to a Bishop Ward student and guide the student's Catholic faith formation and Christian lifestyle.
All volunteers will have gone through the Virtus screening program, and will remain current and active in their Virtus training activities as required by the Archdiocese of Kansas City, Kansas.
If you are interested in becoming a spiritual mentor for a Bishop Ward student, please contact Ms. Annie Tompkins at 913.371.1201.
Virtus-Protecting God's Children