Theological Reflections is a unique spiritual mentoring program that seeks to provide students with a caring adult in the community. Every student can benefit from a mentor.
The Theological Reflections program consists of mentors and students that meet one-on-one or in small groups each month for a total of nine sessions.
Students and mentors explore a different theme and topic each month. Themes include social justice, scripture reflection, Catholic traditions, reflection on liturgical seasons and the mass.
Theological Reflections Program Coordinator: Ms. Annie Tompkins
Goals of Program
- Help students grow in their faith
- Foster relationships between students and positive, caring adults
- Develop a sense of community in larger mentoring group
- Challenge students to reflect more deeply on their spirituality and relationship with God
- Teach students to pursue a commitment to service and peace in society
- To gain more depth and understanding of the Scriptures and its themes
2012-2013 Theological Reflections Schedule
Friday, October 19
Friday, November 16
Friday, December 7
Friday, January 18
Friday, February 15
Friday, March 15
Friday, April 12
Friday, May 10
As a volunteer, one will serve as a spiritual mentor to a Bishop Ward student and guide the student's Catholic faith formation and Christian lifestyle.
All volunteers will have gone through the Virtus screening program, and will remain current and active in their Virtus training activities as required by the Archdiocese of Kansas City, Kansas.
If you are interested in becoming a spiritual mentor for a Bishop Ward student, please contact Ms. Annie Tompkins at 913.371.1201.
Virtus-Protecting God's Children